Hello everybody, I wanted to reach out today on a topic a bit outside of my regular marketing solutions guidance to discuss the COVID-19, Coronavirus outbreak. I am hoping all of you are safe and remain unaffected by this virus.
COVID-19 has brought with it a stop to major businesses, and while many have taken time away from normal business activity, Pest Control services are somewhere in-between regarding essential services depending on your location. When pest control services are scheduled, adjustments can be made during this crisis, which I will talk about shortly.
But when your services are needed due to an immediate infestation, you will need to respond to their immediate crisis as you would at any other time.
Hopefully, a few tips shared with you today can help you explain the preventative measures your pest and wildlife company is taking on behalf of your employees and customers.
- Let your customers know your employees remain vigilant in dealing with the customer responses to reports of infestations.
- You can always try for robust outside treatment as an alternative in the interim as an option to give your customers
- Inform them that all employees will be following all health and safety precautions, including frequent handwashing, hand sanitizing, and of course covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- You will be temporarily stopping the greeting practice of shaking hands
- Also, no signatures will be required to avoid any contact.
- During the service visit, you will practice social distancing (6 feet minimum) whenever possible.
- Masks and gloves will be worn at all times and advise your customers that they may be greeted that way depending on the nature of the service provided.
- If there is a requirement for service indoors, and only if you are able to facilitate it, then you must wear personal protection equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Advise that your technicians are monitored daily and have been directed to stay home with pay should they feel ill.
- Let your customer know that your equipment will be cleaned at an increased frequency as a measure of precaution in keeping COVID-19
In Google Ads, I suggest adding an account-wide Callout ad extension informing searchers that your company is taking active measures towards the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to that, add a pop-up or banner on your website and landing pages informing visitors of the same.
Remember, people still need Pest Control services. They just need to feel safe and trust the company they hire.
For your own office, if you have meetings planned, use teleconference if your team is now remote working or to avoid gathering up more than ten in a room.
More than anything, your crisis team will need to discuss the situation and you will need to advise all staff regarding the status of the business and any changes that come due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Also, ensure your staff understand that if they do feel under the weather, not to take chances and just stay home until they feel better.
There is a link listed on the NPMA website with recommendations from the CDC regarding updates on information from the CDC and resources that may assist your business.
That’s all I’ve got for you today and as always, if you have any questions, drop me a line. Stay safe and healthy. I’m Andy Patel and I will see you guys next time.